Elsie is here now, born on March 27Th weighing in at 7lbs 6 Oz's and 19 inches long! She is great and we are all so happy! The girls are just loving her up :)
It was a long rough pregnancy. It definitely had its ups and downs! Graham was great, he was right by my side through it all, he made every appointment, every ultrasound and was 100% involved in all of the birth planning. Near the end there was a lot of anxiety this being the fourth c-section and all, but with all the family support we made it through!
The c-section was scheduled for 9AM on March 27Th, we went in well rested and relaxed. After starting an IV and talking with the doctors and anesthesiologist we walked down to the OR. I had my iPOD on with my mellow tunes play list and an awesome team of OR nurses in front of me. They put the spinal in and laid me down on the table. Finally I saw Graham come around the table and it put me at ease. The spinal was put in a little higher than they had thought so I was numb from my arms down but other than that I was pretty relaxed. I had trusty Jack Johnson to lull me :) After just minutes of pulling and tugging I heard them say "Its a girl!". Then there it was, the loud healthy cry of our baby girl! It was amazing! Seeing Graham holding her was the best feeling in the world!
The recovery this time was equally amazing, I was up that night and then in the shower the next AM. I had very little pain and only took Motrin for pain after day 2.. Who knows, we may even do it all over again! One more girl and we could have a basketball team, well with these girls I am thinking more of a cheer leading squad! :)
Well that's all for now, we will try to get better at updating!












No comments:
Post a Comment