Today has been WILD.. I am soooo tired.. I have been trying to shake this flu bug and today has done anything but let that happen.. Its been Crazy, I had to make cookies and a pie for the CSC office party (which I was more than happy to do :), I had barely taken the pie out of the oven and finished the 60th batch of gingerbread cookies I've made this season and it all went to hell.. Grace had been kind of a wild child all morning, well, let me re-phrase that.. Grace has been kind of a wild child all of her life! :) She is no doubt the rebel in the bunch.. She had been begging me all morning to put on her new Christmas outfit that included a skirt and matching hat.. i heard nothing about anything else but this hat and skirt.. It was almost time to put it on, I went searching for the shirt that completed the outfit leaving a naked Grace in the living room.. The living room is generally a safe zone, not a lot of danger lurks there.. However, Grace can make anything dangerous! I heard a big BANG come from the living room (she had climbed up on the coffee table, slipped and banged down on her chest) , I ran in and saw Grace standing there, in obvious pain, but no cry.. She was just looking at me, soon after her lips turned blue and she had this very faint cry.. I called 911 frantically! Soon after the first responder was here and the ambulance was right behind them.. As soon as they pulled in the drivewayshe started to cry, then Grace, through her tears said "can I please put on my new dress now?" The fall had apparently knocked the wind out of her. The wonderful ambulance crew checked her lungs and listened to her back and belly.. She was ok! The guy laughed and said "was she the same one who fell last time", referring to the time Grace fell off the top bunk :( I assured him the bunk beds were GONE that next day :) I felt like the most neglectful parent, but he laughed and said "it happens" :)
After all this, Grace got her new dress on and we went to The CSC office party (where both Graham and my parents work), of course Grace was the star of the show :) Its been such a busy day, I am ready for bed!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment